TYPE

Week 7. Post 2.

Here is a picture of last week’s process before the critique class.

I could find the original but I found a print that i did with ibrahim but didn’t work because of the colors. WhatsApp Image 2017-10-16 at 10.14.14 PM.jpeg

Advertisements

Type

Week 7.

FINAL WORD

After taking notes with the final critique I decided that I will not be photoshopping my word into the table. So I re did some of the letters and I sticked them on a real table made some of them look a bit old and some really fresh.

One of the main problems that I faced other than the fact that photoshop really didn’t work with me because I was bad at it was that the lighting I used was really bad.

I also took them in different times so each letter had a different lighting and it didn’t look good.

For the final I decided to use sunlight as its the best lighting I know and could get right now.

Here are some of the pictures before editing:

DSC_0443.jpg

I figured out that I needed to make the table look messier so I edited it using photoshop, I put a little more gum here and there.

I didn’t play with the picture’s lighting YET because I feel like I like it this way.

Here is what my final will be or will look like:

 

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 10.02.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-16 at 10.02.06 PM.png

 

 

Design methods & processes

Week 6. Post 3.

I have faced so many problems last night printing!! I printed twice with the exact right sizes but it would still be cut.

So I decided to come in early this morning to print it before class starts and I got stuck in traffic. Ibrahim from the design shop fixed my problem when printing but there was still another problem from illustrator. Everytime I would save it as a PDF or JPEG some images would be missing. I also tried to print using illustrator but it didnt because the file was too large.

Anyways I was able to finish it at least during class but it didnt turn out the way I wanted it.

I have attached the original final poster in my previous blog and here are my failed tries.

 

Design methods and processes.

Week 6, Post 2.

This week was hectic. It was really hard for me to pick what I want for my final, its like I was going through a designer’s block.

I did so many things and for my semi final poster, after the critique I changed everything because I realized no one understood the poster and there were many mistakes.

Semi final + Final.

For my final, I scanned two drawings from my hundred things and used a picture I took of my object ( the clock )

One of the things I learned throughout this journey with my 100 things project is the importance of time and how to manage it. The project also confused me a lot which kind of shows in the project and the clock was literally haunting me.

Type

 

Week 6.

I spent all of my cash on chewing gum, I think I’m an expert.

I really loved working on this project, I had so much fun experimenting with gum. Although, I did regret choosing to work with gum because its VERY sticky and disgusting but I loved how its turning out.

So with my first few experiments I wasn’t very happy because it didn’t look like how I wanted it to but then I realized that its not easy.

With my first letter (last week) I decided that I won’t chew the gum but I’ll make it look like it was. This week I decided that I should fight all the thoughts in my mind and actually start chewing it for my next letter. (I didn’t eat anything the whole day because of how disgusted i was)

I realized chewed or not they still kind of looked the same and it made sense that they could be under a table.

IMG_9774
This is the 1st one. 

So the next step was making it look a bit old + then adding new ones on top.

I experimented with shoe shiner, the first type of shoe shiner didn’t work well because it was very thick and I didn’t thin it. Here is a picture:

  1. WhatsApp Image 2017-10-10 at 2.13.23 AM
  2. COFFEE WAS A FAIL!!! I didn’t even take pictures.

3. I used another type of shoe shiner, a spray. It worked SO MUCH better.

I did add some new gum on top but they’re not a lot so they don’t show, I didn’t want to make any further step before the critique!

Next steps:

So what Inshalla I’m doing next is that I will be getting real dust from a vacuum and put it on top to make it look more aged. I want it to look exactly how it would if ALL the gum stayed under the table for years. Another step is that I will be photoshopping it under a picture on an old school table.